Ensuring that a company's tangible and intangible assets are maintained, accounted for, and put to their highest and best use is important in all organizations. Property management is among the most important aspect of an organization ranking second to human resource management. Indeed, the organization Level of Service (LOS) is determined to a large extent by the condition of property and assets. Failure to bridge the gap between the expected LOS and what the organization is offering has negative consequences. Optimal management of property and assets enhance the value of the organization.
Asset and property managers, officers, accountants, stock officers and other staff whose work is closely related to property and asset management
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the variables affecting the life cycle costs of property and how to optimize the cost;
- Appreciate the relationship between property and value and thus place the importance of property management procedures within the organization;
- Describe the process and purpose of property and asset evaluation and analysis;
- Explain on safety, health, environmental and risk in the management of property;
- Develop strategies for optimizing the value of your organization through optimal asset and property management;
- Leverage on asset/property for the required LOS.
- Overview of property/asset including their relationship with the value of the organization, understanding property/ asset and property/asset user characteristics;
- Investing in assets/property (key decisions);
- Aligning asset/property objectives to corporate objectives (strategic plan);
- Budgeting (linking the asset strategy to the budget;
- Financial analysis and evaluation techniques
- Financing assets/property;
- Development of property/asset management;
- Property performance evaluation and projection;
- Maintenance and property management decisions;
- Managing partnership, contracts and leases
- Monitoring assets
- Risk based asset management.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Afriex Training Ltd admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.