This course focuses on analyzing public financial management, reviewing systems of finance administration within the public sector and highlighting the need and possibility for reform.
Who Should Attend?
All managers and senior officers in the public sector who handle the task of managing public funds and have responsibility for administering financial structures within their respective departments. It will also suit private sector directors, managers, consultants and budget analysts in public finance positions.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills on:
- Financial planning and forecasting models for decision making
- Risks involved in managing public sector finances
- Local authority management practices
- Revenue, expenditure and cash flow forecasting
- Public economics and finance: role of the government
- Public sector budgeting and financial management
- Implementing financial management reform and improve on existing structures