This comprehensive and practical course will expose participants to strategic and innovative agricultural commodities marketing. This course will develop participants ability to manage and analyse different Agricultural marketing techniques used in every corner of agribusiness, some of which includes small farms, corporate farms, and collectives; distributors; manufacturers of farm equipment, pesticides, and genetic enhancements for crops and livestock; feed and seed sellers; and more. This course will also help delegates understand the difference between good marketing and increase in sales, income and ultimately the viability of farm production
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit farmers seeking to be more effective at selling their produce and anybody that wants to gain in-depth understanding of Agricultural commodities marketing
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
Explain the role of marketing in agribusiness and the importance of having a good business plan.
- Assess the relative importance of marketing planning and determine marketing strategies in relation to agribusiness.
- Identify target markets and select suitable marketing methods.
- Explain the physical handling of products in the marketing process including packaging, labeling, presentation and transportation.
- maintain sound customer relations in an agricultural business.
- Conduct market research into a product or service in the agricultural industry.
- Strategically manage the promotional program for an agricultural product or business.
- Develop strategies to manage the marketing of an agricultural enterprise.