This course will examine why Power and distribution transformers are among the most important and most expensive components of power systems and why their failure could be very costly to manage or rectify
This course will also help delegates to understand why the design and operation of any transformer must fulfil certain requirements in order to withstand the electric, thermal and mechanical stresses during its service life.
who should attend?
This course will benefit Maintenance Technicians, Electrical Supervisors and Electrical Engineers
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Troubleshooting checklists and failure analysis techniques
- Recognize the effects of transformer off-load and on-load tap changers
- Describe the various classifications and types of transformer
- Appreciate the importance of transformer maintenance
- Understand the principles of operation and construction of the various types of transformer
- Identify the different components in the transformers
- Testing, diagnostics and monitoring technologies