For efficient and effective operation in a manufacturing unit of an organization, it is essential to integrate the production planning and control system. Production planning and control deals with basic concepts of what to produce, when to produce, how much to produce, etc. This addresses the fundamental problem of low productivity, high inventory cost and poor resource utilization.
Disciplined planning and control ensure that production teams achieve targets, optimum resource utilization, quality management and cost savings.
At the end of this course, participants will
- Supervise and control an effective and efficient manufacturing system
- Forecast need, estimate customer demand, and fulfil orders
- Construct and manage an effective Master Production Schedule
- Improve understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Apply the Capacity Planning and Management techniques for determining the capacity requirements
- Develop and use effective Production Activity Control system
- Integrate inventory and physical distribution information with the Manufacturing Planning and Control system
- What is production planning in manufacturing?
- Strategic vs functional roles of production planner
- Objectives of supply chain management
- production methods: mass production, batch production, mass customization
- Material requirements planning (MRP): forecasting, planning and scheduling
- Forecasting patterns in demand and supply chain management
- Minimizing forecast variances
- Maximize capacity utilization and subcontract management
- Total productive maintenance to minimize downtime
- Production planning KPIs and performance analysis
- Production planning and control
- Supply Base management
- Inventory management
Production Planners, Managers and Production-related Supervisors in all supply chain functions.
|10, Obokun Street, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos. Nigeria
||Jul 15 - 17 Jul, 2020
Discounts off regular fees for open programmes: 3-5 nomination - 5% Programme also available as in-plant. Fee: Negotiable