One of the greatest challenges in projects is the need to comply with certain rules and regulations, both internal and external to the organization executing them. Project managers are used to handling project risks; however, compliance risks occasionally fall beyond the scope of the project itself. Understanding risk management in project management is a key skill required of all project managers. In this GTC online instructor led project risk management training course. you will learn how to identify, measure and analyse risks in projects of all sizes and scopes, and how to ensure the success of your projects from beginning to the end by quantifying and creating a project risk management plan.
The aim of this course is to enable the delegates to plan, manage and control project risks. It is an introduction to project risk management that enables a team to identify, classify and manage risk systematically for the duration of a project, taking full account of corporate aims in order to control the probability and mitigate the impact of an adverse risk event.
Ten Key Learning Outcomes
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills that will provide an overview of project risk management:
- Why project risk management, the process involved and definitions of project risk
- Identify human aspects of risk management – risk attitude and heuristics
- Identify risk: describe risks using structured risk descriptions, identification techniques, developing a risk register
- Manage the process: keep the process alive and improve risk management
- Manage risk to deliver initiatives that meet stakeholder needs
- Apply scalable templates for your initiative with risk management plans, risk registers, and risk assessment matrixes
- Leverage a proven qualitative risk-analysis process to guide your risk management decisions
- Use a practical, eight-step process to manage project risk
- Control multiple risks using concise strategies
- Implement robust risk response strategies