ISO 27799 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements of Information security management and Information Security Controls in healthcare organizations as specified in ISO 27799 and ISO/IEC 27002. During this training course, you will be able to understand how ISO 27799 is related to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 27799 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies and management approach.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in Information Security Management applicable to the healthcare industry
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of an Information Security Management System and Information Security Controls relevant to healthcare organizations
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management
- Understand the implementation of Information Security Controls in accordance with ISO 27799 and ISO/IEC 27002
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 27799, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation of Information Security Controls in healthcare organizations
- Educational Approach
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 27799, ISO/IEC 27002 and Information Security Management System
Day 2: ISO 27799 and ISO/IEC 27002 Controls and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 27799 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management
Domain 2: Information Security Controls based on ISO 277999 and ISO/IEC 27002
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about ISO 27799 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free