The fact is that Excel is the accountant's, finance, and business professional's best friend. Companies everywhere are overwhelmed by the abundance of unstructured and unclean data. Monthly, quarterly, and annual closings are immensely data driven and require moving and exporting data from 'ERPs' and databases to Excel. In this hands-on course, McTimothy Associates will help you advance your data massaging, modeling, integration, and automation skills to new levels. You will also master normalization and massaging of noisy data, preparation of reports, analysis, and reconciliation.
This intermediate course is to make participants understand some critical functions and their usages in MS Excel. It starts with Data Manipulations, and goes on to Formatting and Displaying Techniques, Creating organizations, Linking of Data and Worksheets, all through to Querying of your Databases.
20% of the course is ‘design and structure’ focused while 80% uses MS Excel as a powerful tool to perform daily, monthly, and periodic tasks. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects daily.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply Excel reporting expertise in business, finance, and accounting by enhancing data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data analysis skills
- Use pivot tables and pivot charts to perform automated report writing, analysis and reconciliation most efficiently
- Develop and use charts formatting techniques
- Repeat tasks and generate reports efficiently by recording, running and editing macros
- Acquire numerous tips and tricks that will improve working efficiency
Business, finance and accounting professionals, senior and junior accountants, business analysts, research professionals, marketing and sales professionals, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state-of-the-art techniques to their daily business reporting, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Manipulating Data and Named Ranges
- Excel Templates
- Formatting and Display Techniques
- Sorting and Querying Data
- Linking and Consolidating Data
- Charts Formatting Techniques
- Protection and Security