This course offers participants with relevant information on non-governmental organization management. It focuses on the key issues in the management of NGOs emphasizing organizations working on development issues and reduction of poverty in undeveloped regions.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of NGOs
- Understand the issues NGOs face
- Determine the types and instruments in international development agencies
- Learn the role and barriers of NGOs with respect to the development of communities
- Understand the challenges of management of NGOs
- Develop techniques, skills, and tools of adoption of strategies and change in NGOs
- Understand Results-Based Management
- Understand project management
- Establish internal and external evaluation processes
- Choose tools for NGOs marketing
- Select donor agencies
- Learn the preparation of a grant proposal
- Understand good negotiation and communication principles
- Understand proper recruitment processes in human resource management
Who Should Attend?
This course targets program managers, team leaders, consultants, and new entry professionals working in NGOs. This course will benefit its participants by equipping them with relevant skills o the management of NGOs.
- NGO stages
- Building an NGO
- Need assessment of NGO
- SWOT analysis
- Legal requirements of NGOs
Vision, Mission, Principles, and Strategies of NGOs
- Governance and leadership of NGO
- Strategy and mission of NGO
- Principle-based vision of NGO
- Gender policy in NGOs
- Structure and system of NGO
- Techniques of building institutional sustainability
- Projects sustainability
- Personnel training and sustainability
- Sustainability through networking
- The shortcoming of developing a network
- NGO structure
- Formal NGO
- Staff specialization
- Principle development and maintenance
- Western and African organizational model
- Improving the functioning of staff
- Creating and maintaining aboard
- Team functioning
- Organizational sustainability
- Development of NGO brand
- NGO financial needs planning
- Marketing through social media
- Financial institutions
Financial resources mobilization and management
- Budget making approaches
- Budgeting role
- Money management
- Resource management
- Financial control
- Financial management
- Management accounting vs financial accounting
- Rules of accounting
- NGO performance monitoring and evaluation
- Planning and implementation
- Evaluation strategies
- Tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Indicators of performance
- Logical framework approach
- Theory-based evaluation
- Appraisals and participatory methods
- Four impact evaluation models
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
- The training will be conducted at Data-Afrique Training Centre, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch, and training venues. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before the start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org