Investors will have the knowledge base to de-risk their renewable energy investments and realize higher returns with a better understanding of debt/equity ratios, credit enhancement, and end-user creditworthiness assessments.
This ETC training course will help the participants from public and private sectors to better understand, design, and implement strategies to decarbonize energy economies based on cost-effective, local renewable energy solutions. These strategies are vital tools against the very real threat of climate change faced by this and future generations of our species - and conveniently, renewable energy can often save end-users money if done correctly. For example, solar energy is now cheaper than conventional energy from the power grid in many cases. With energy storage, this renewable energy source can be as reliable as grid-supplied power as well.
It will have a solid grasp on how the use of renewable energy can be integrated into the conventional energy paradigm to make a positive impact on the environment and society.
This ETC training course will highlight:
- Global Energy Resources, Generation, Delivery, and End-use
- The Trouble with Carbon
- Technical-Economic Considerations for Scaling up Renewable Energy
- Creating an Enabling Environment Conducive to Scaling up Renewable Energy
- Sources of Data for Informed Decision Making
The participants will benefit from a deeper understanding of global energy trends; knowing why carbon release into the environment is causing an “intergenerational inequity” on future generations; understanding ways to decarbonize economies; being able to assess, develop, and finance renewable energy projects on technical, economic environment bases; creating an conducive environment to scaling up renewable energy; and being able to make informed decisions by leveraging data from the world’s best information sources.
By the end of this ETC training course, the participants will be able to:
- Draw a line between the generation and use of conventional energy and climate change impacts
- Better understand the roles of Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Reducing Emissions from Deforestation (REDD), and Carbon Capture and sequestration in decarbonizing economies
- Conduct basic renewable energy project assessment and development
- Understand how renewable energy policies, regulations, and procurement paradigms can enable low-carbon energy strategies
- Analyze which financing approach may best meet their set of goals on a situational basis
- Access the world’s best set of data to expand the knowledge of climate change and energy
The participants in this training course will receive thorough training on the subject, utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques, including a brief assessment of participant names, roles, and interests. It also contains charts, illustrations, pictures, and embedded website hyperlinks, videos, case studies, practical problem-solving sessions, and interactive discussions. The PowerPoint will be engaging and esthetically appealing with a focus on information graphics.