This ETC training course is based on Energy Storage Systems (ESS) in the new renewable energy era. As intermittent renewable energy and electric vehicles become more prevalent, there is a greater need to have energy storage.
Energy Storage Systems modernize the grid by supporting power and energy in many ways, from voltage support, frequency regulation, reactive power production, duplicating spinning reserves, decreasing the need for transmission upgrades, shifting energy, grid smoothing and incorporating renewable assets into a smart grid, ESS will decrease the costs of supplying electricity. As ESS prices drop dramatically, especially with the mass production of lithium batteries in electric vehicles and ESS, we see dramatic growth in this industry.
In this training course, we will have the focus on covering electrochemical battery systems (batteries) and will also cover pumped hydroelectric, compressed air, fuel cells, flow batteries, flywheels, and gravity ESS. We will cover all the aspects of modernizing the grid from and energy storage point of view, from the individual household to the large utility-scale infrastructure.
This ETC training course will highlight:
- Energy Storage System Technologies
- Energy Storage System Applications
- Energy Storage Systems and the Utility Grid
- Residential and Commercial Energy Storage Systems
- Utility-Scale Energy Storage Systems
By the end of this ETC training course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify Energy Storage System Types
- Design Energy Storage Systems
- Evaluate Existing and Future Energy Storage System Technologies
- Analyze Energy Storage System Data Financial Programs
- Understand how to Incorporate Energy Storage Systems into Existing Infrastructure
The participants of this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. This will include presentations, live feedback and interactions, quizzes, and group discussion.
A successful organization will have employees that more efficiently spend their time performing tasks that are more relevant to the company’s goals after completing this course.
The organisation will benefit from this training course through:
- Understand the interactions between the grid and energy storage systems
- Address energy storage issues in a more relevant manner
- Impress customers based on their energy storage literacy
- Communicate energy storage concepts within and outside of the company
- Avoid expensive mistakes, which are common when implementing new technologies
- Select energy storage components when designing and evaluating projects