The smart grid is here to stay, where consumers are now able to generate their own electricity by installing solar panels on their roof. The smart grids are a comprehensive network system whereby the consumer can sell their electricity surplus to the utilities authority. This green and clean renewable energy are equipped with photo voltaic cells, inverters, storage batteries, smart meters, and a charging outlet for electric cars.
On a bigger scale corporation can erect wind turbine towers to generate electricity. This production of electricity is massive and sustainable. These renewable energies can be interconnected to the main grid to compliment the utilities demand and supply of electricity.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the components of a smart grid
- Determine the various types of renewable energy
- Explain the different types of solar panels
- Analyze the common types of wind farms
- Design the components of a smart home
The course will benefit the non-electrical engineers, technicians, and supervisors on renewable energy.
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritized:
- Generation of AC and DC
- Differences between a domestic and industrial electrical installation systems
- Operation and construction of wind turbines
- Components of a solar power system
- Merits of smart grids
- Smart grid attributes
- Smart homes
- Smart meters and electricity tariffs
- Intelligent distribution systems
- Maintenance of smart grids