Training Course on ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance
By: Datastat Research Center
06 - 10 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
We live in an era of ICT dominance where governments, businesses, journalists, and citizens alike depend on ICT in a variety of ways. This requires everyone to have a basic understanding of ICT and how to make practical use of it. It does not matter whether you are an ordinary citizen, public employee, or leader. Becoming a competent user of ICT is crucial in one’s career, and particularly necessary for those seeking leadership positions in organizations. Just to recount how the modern society is deeply intertwined with ICT, you can consider social platforms that rely on it including Facebook and Twitter, which have over 1 billion users and 200 million monthly users, respectively.
It is therefore important to equip yourself with relevant knowledge and skills on ICT to remain competent and practical. If you are an MP, Senator, MCA, Ward Coordinator, County Coordinator, Governor, Clerk, assistant to Public Official, County assembly Speaker, Chief, Sub chief, public servant, civil servant, or ordinary citizen working in the public or private sector, this course is more valuable to you.
- To equip participants with practical skills on ICT and social media with regard to governance and economic and social development.
- To familiarize participants with ICT tools and techniques for personal development, public governance, as well as social and economic development.
- To impart the knowledge of new communication technologies and their role in building digital citizenships.
Module I: IT Refresher for Executive Leaders
- Document processing and spreadsheets
- Quick Introduction to IT
Module II: Online Literacy, Privacy and Security
- Online Information gathering, verification and communication
- Searching the internet
- The world wide web
- Internet and how it works
- A tool or easy and accurate directions everywhere in the world
- Using Google maps
- Introduction to Online security
- Navigation in foreign lands, new places and cities (GPS, GIS)
Module III: Presentations and their roles in governance and public participation
- Microsoft word refresher
- Microsoft Excel refresher
- Creating a PowerPoint Template custom with own logos and corporate colors
- Office Presentation Tool and Tactics
- Inserting graphics and flash applications to PowerPoint
- Power points a tool for communication.
- ICT enabled Office communication: Emails, intranet, e-meeting and conferences, and portals.
Module IV: Social Media for Social Change and Governance
- What is governance?
- Using Skype
- Working with Facebook, hangouts, and twitter for governance
- Dealing with privacy issues
- The dos and don’ts in using social media for governance.
- Using WhatsApp
Module V: Public participation Tools
- Social networks, groups and online community
- Bulk messaging tool for fast, direct, and real time transmission of information
- What is public participation?
- Short code for public participation and feedback
Module VI: ICT Tools and Strategies for Social Engagement in Public Organizations
- Open government
- ICT Model for social engagement
- Smart government
- ICT policy in Kenya
- A review of social media use in government
- How internet campaign changed politics
- E- parliament and ICT based legislation.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible, and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commencing of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 06 - 10 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 08:40:am - 09:05:am
|USD 900.00 + 45.00 (VAT)||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00 + 31.50 (VAT)||(Virtual Training)|