Training Course on Mapping with Geoserver, Postgres, and Openlayers
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in web mapping is encouraged to attend as it is experience of creating simple web pages.
- Install Geoserver,
- Load GIS data into Geoserver
- Serve vector, raster, and attribute data on the Internet with Geoserver
- Serve data stored in Postgres and PostGIS on the Internet
- Create a client-based browser application using OpenLayers 3.0
- Create an application that allows client and server interaction with GIS data.
Module I: Document Object Model and Events
- Intro to the DOM
- What is an object
- Abstraction and Instantiation
- Objects in computer programs
- Going from HTML to the DOM
- Intro to Events
- Viewing objects in Developer tools
- Event Handlers
- DOM manipulation example 2
- More DOM manipulation
- Objects and JSON
Module III: Bringing Data into Geoserver and Displaying the Results
- Adding, Styling, and Displaying Shapefiles
- Adding, Styling, and Displaying Data from Postgres
Module IV: Processing Client Requests on the Server
- Displaying Postgres Data as a SQL View
- Displaying Postgres Data with CQL Filters
- Serving Data from Geoserver to QGIS
Module V: Interacting with Geoserver from the Client with Openlayers 3
Open Street Maps
- Adding Static Layers from Geoserver
- Using Openlayers to Request Specific Data from Geoserver
- Increasing Flexibility by Using Openlayers to Request Ad-hoc data from Geoserver
- Mouse Interaction in Openlayers to Trigger Geoserver Responses
- Adding Vector Data from Geoserver to Your Open Layers Application
- Mouse Interaction in Openlayers with Vector Objects
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 08:40:am - 11:55:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|