An in-depth analysis of financial management in corporations with emphasis on decision making. Working capital management, short-term and long-term financing, mergers, business failures, and reorganizations are considered in depth with and extension of the valuation concepts presented in the basic financial management course.
- Our aim in this course is to provide an enduring understanding of the basic conceptual and practical skills that enable a student as a manager to increase the intrinsic value of the firm.
- With the focus upon the big picture, we provide an introduction to financial environment and decision making rooted in current financial theory and the current state of world economic condition.
- Throughout this course, the student will understand the general nature of financial principles, and major financial decisions of corporations.
- Specific attention is given to the risk and return; asset and debt pricing; cost of capital; capital structure; capital budgeting; financial analysis and forecasting; financial decisions and market efficiency; working capital; derivatives; portfolio management.
Module 1: Role of Senior Financial Adviser in the Multinational Organisation
- The role and responsibility of senior financial executive/advisor
- Financial strategy formulation
- Ethical and governance issues
- Management of international trade and finance
- Strategic business and financial planning for multinational organisations
- Dividend policy in multinationals and transfer pricing
Module 2: Advanced Investment Appraisal
- Discounted cash flow techniques
- Application of option pricing theory in investment decisions
- Impact of financing on investment decisions and adjusted present values
- Valuation and the use of free cash flows
- International investment and financing decisions
Module 3: Acquisitions and Mergers
- Acquisitions and mergers versus other growth strategies
- Valuation for acquisitions and mergers
- Regulatory framework and processes
- Financing acquisitions and mergers
Module 4: Corporate Reconstruction and Reorganization
- Financial reconstruction
- Business re-organisation
Module 5: Treasury and Advanced Risk Management Techniques
- The role of the treasury function in multinationals
- The use of financial derivatives to hedge against forex risk
- The use of financial derivatives to hedge against interest rate risk
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.