Good governance is increasingly recognized as an important aspect of an efficient private pension system, enhancing investment performance and benefit security. Yet, despite regulatory and industry initiatives, governance weaknesses persist across many countries.
There are unique financial and societal challenges facing those who manage, regulate or provide governance for pension schemes. Pensions scheme governance and management training is therefore vital to ensure pension funds are managed properly.
This Pension Scheme Governance and Regulation training will provide advanced knowledge and management tools needed for the effective oversight and administration of publicly funded or partially funded pension plans. This program will help to modernize these plans and their associated pension funds in an environment of changing economic and social circumstances and new regulatory and accounting initiatives.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of pension governance, types, designs and fundamentals of pension schemes.
- Appreciate the duties and management function of trustees
- iii. Analyze Pension scheme management performance indicators
- iv. Appreciate the importance of performance evaluation of trustees of pension schemes in enhancing governance
- v. Assess the risks pension funds are exposed to and the need of effective risk management.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for Pension regulators, Policymakers, Trustees, Administrators, Fund managers, Advisors, Custodians, CEOs, Human resource managers, Directors and Pension principal officers.
- Introduction to Pension Funds and Global Pension Crisis
- Financial Mechanisms and Pension Plan Design; Different types of Pension Schemes
- Costs of Funding Pension Schemes; Pension Fund Deficit, Sovereign Debt and Default Risk
- Longevity, Dependency Rations, Real and Nominal Returns
- Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution Schemes
- Insurance Mechanisms and External Guarantees
- Pensions Fund and Its Parties: Trustees, Sponsors, Actuaries, Consultants and Investment Managers
- Asset Allocation, Capital Structure and Financial Risk
- Sources of Wealth in Pensions Funds; Creating Value in Pension Funds
- Different Types of Pension Schemes
- Pension Fund Asset-Liability Management, Tools and Modelling
- Pensions Funding Policies
- Portfolio Rebalancing, Asset Allocation and Risk management
- Actuarial Considerations, Scheme Design and Annuity Market
- Reviewing benchmarks and Performance Assessment
- Pension Risk Management, Reporting and Governance
- Regulatory Practices and Decision Making in DB Plans.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.