Strategic Development Communications training is a mixture of skills workshops and lecture formats that are aimed at equipping one with crucial theory and practical skills. Participants work with top experts from the field while studying a host of communication building blocks. These range from planning and executing Results Based Communication Strategies to daily aligning their work with organizational goals.
Furthermore, they develop skills they can immediately apply in the workplace, such as social media skills, presentation delivery, media interviews and storytelling. To enrich the program, facilitators and practitioners have an international mix. The skills workshop will equip the Learners with practical training that is essential in the development of communication tools and techniques.
Communication and PR Executives and Managers (and others responsible for strategic communication) in Private Companies, Non-Profit Organizations including: Government, Non Profit Organizations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSO), Training Institutions, Research Institutions, Faith Based Organizations, Donor organizations, among others.
The aim of the course is to make the experts :
- Lead and Manage Communication Units;
- Remain strategic within the organisation by always aligning communication to the overall organisational goals and objectives;
- Plan, Execute and Evaluate a Comprehensive Communications Strategy with the bottom-line in mind;
- Pick and Plan for Corporate Communication Campaigns, Policy Advocacy or Behaviour Change. Some campaign strategies to select from will include: Public Relations; Community Mobilization; Fundraising; Media Advocacy; Behaviour Change Communication (BCC);
- Information Education and Communication (IEC) and options for strengthening internal communication, among others;
- Incorporate Results Based Management to the Communication Strategy;
- Refine their Organizational Branding so that they differentiate their group from the masses as they reach out to donors and other target audiences;
- Deal with opposition and develop tactics for handling negative publicity;
- Get internal “buy –in” within the board while strengthening internal communication.
- Ensure key messages are consistently echoed throughout the organization;
- Make informed choices about communication resources .
Module I: Introduction
- Communication Problems
- GTZ Rioplus Working Process
Module II: Strategies
- What are the strategies for development communication?
- Key principles for strategies for sustainable development
Module III: Point of Departure
- Myths and realities about communication
- Lessons learned
Module IV: The Concept
- Why Strategic Communication is so special
- The added value of Strategic Communication
- The five branches of Strategic Communication for Sustainable Development
- Branch 1: Development and environmental communication
- Branch 2: Social marketing
- Branch 3: Non-formal and environmental education
- Branch 4: Civil society mobilization
- Branch 5: Conflict management and negotiation
d. The ten steps of Strategic Communication for Sustainable Development
- Step 1: Situation analysis
- Step 2: Audience and KAP analysis
- Step 3: Communication objectives
- Step 4: Strategy design
- Step 5: Participation of strategic groups
- Step 6: Media selection and mix
- Step 7: Message design
- Step 8: Media production and pretesting
- Step 9: Media use
- Step 10: M and E and process documentation
Module V: Best Practices
- Involving the people
- Addressing local needs
- Managing a Sustainable Development initiative
- Sharing responsibility through alliancese.
- Mainstreaming Sustainable Development
- Do’s and Don’ts of Strategic Communication for Sustainable Development
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.