Training Course on Climate Change and Agriculture
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
There is a rapid change in climatic conditions in recent decades which have resulted to several negative effects on human activities and development especially in agriculture and the environment.
There is little awareness and understanding of the changing world in the rural areas where majority of agriculture and rural development activities are carried out. Officers involved in agricultural and rural development activities do not have adequate capacity to inform and manage issues resulting from climate change.
This course will equip the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills in managing the effect of climate change for the development of agriculture and the environment.
Who Should Attend?
The targets people working in governments, funding agencies, and research and development facilitating non-government and Civil society organizations. It is also suitable for business owners and representatives from organizations that support extension services and/or seek to enable an environment in which businesses can flourish.
At the end of this training, participants should be able to:
· Explain the concept and effect of climate change in agriculture development projects.
· Identify factors responsible for climate change.
· Communicate the existing and potential effects of climate change to the agricultural stakeholders in their country or region.
· Apply GIS and remote sensing techniques for decision making in climate change control.
· Understand the mitigation and adaptation strategies for managing the effects of climate change.
· Understand modern agro-meteorological techniques and methods for climate change adaption and mitigation in agriculture.
· Gain skills in scaling up climate smart agriculture.
- Impact of climate change on agriculture.
- Pest insects and climate change.
- Plant diseases and climate change.
- Observed Impacts.
- Projection of impacts.
- Regional impacts
- Climate change impacts affecting poverty alleviation.
- Climate development models
- Agricultural surfaces and climate change
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies for managing the effects of climate change.
- Helping farm communities manage severe impacts.
- Modern agro-meteorological techniques.
- Policy recommendations
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 08:40:am - 10:50:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Class)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Class)|
Sammy +254 724527104
|Climate Change Agriculture Courses in Nairobi Training in Nairobi Training Courses in Nairobi Training Courses in Kenya Training in Kenya Seminars in Nairobi Workshops in Nairobi Kenya Africa December 2022 August 2022 International Training|