Water is crucial for industry and agriculture, as well as for the health and quality of life of a nation’s citizens. Investment in efficient and sustainable infrastructure, for both urban and agricultural supply, has proven to yield great economic return. Unfortunately, water has been taken for granted for too long in too many countries.
Climate change, rising population growth and increased urbanization are predicted to change that reality severely. This training programme is intended to share the methods of the integrated water resources management practices and to encourage the best use of these precious resources in other regions of the world.
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Improve water resources management through the implementation of applicable and effective integrated management tools and techniques.
- Develop skills and knowledge required for urgent needs in the water resources sector.
- Understand the concept of Integrated water resources management in relation to climate change.
- Have a greater understanding of the essence of integrated water resources management.
- Gain understanding on preparations for water scarcity or floods and enhance preparedness for such occurrences.
- Introduction to integrated water resources management
- Water and national economic development
- Cost Effective technologies for minimizing water Loss
- Climate change and its impact on water
- Pollution control and prevention of waterborne diseases
- Wastewater treatment and recycling
- Safe water reuse for productive agriculture
- Storm water management
- Desertification abatement
- Water supply economics
- Predictions of water scarcity and preparedness
- The Pursuit of Water Management Fit for a Complex World
- Application of IWRM: Learning the Lessons
- Catalysing and Guiding Change in Water Resources Management
- Updating IWRM: The Next 15 Years
- Policy for IWRM Implementation and the SDGs
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.