Data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M and E) have always been an integral parts of development work. ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M and E. This training course comes with additional M and E and GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants to work with spatial data.
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage project data using mobile devices.
At the end of the course you should be able to;
i. Gather data for project/programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
ii. Become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
- M AND E and Mobile data collection
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection platforms
- Features of data collection platforms
- Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection and the implementation process
- Data aggregation, storage and dissemination
- Extended data types geoid, image and multimedia
- Design forms using a web interface
- Uploading the form into the mobile devices
- Advanced survey Authoring: XLSForms
- Hosting survey data: Cloud Hosting
- Hosting Survey Data: Local Server Hosting
- Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Electronic Sensors
- Selecting the right Technology and Service Provider
- Beyond Data Collection: Management and Outreach
- Estimating Costs
- Data Quality and Data Security
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.