Training Course on Emergency Planning Management
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Thorough understanding of the issues that underlie many of the day-to-day problems faced by practitioners in the field of emergency planning and management is especially important in these times where emergencies of various kinds are so common. These risks are high and hence increased levels of preparedness and more effective responses to realized risks are thus necessary.
Time matters in a crisis besides thorough planning, clear communication and effective strategies save lives and limit disruption. This understanding, including how such issues may be addressed in practice, is necessary to increase the level of resilience of individual organizations, as well as the effectiveness of the integrated emergency management of disruptive challenges to the world economies/ societies. This course blends academic study with experiential learning of best practice to teach you about disaster preparedness and response and creates professionals who are ready for action
This course offers training in the fundamentals of the emergency planning process, including the rationale behind planning. It will develop your capability for effective participation in the all-hazard emergency operations planning process to save lives and protect property threatened by disaster. You will have the opportunity to interact with our experienced facilitators who bring professional and research expertise into their teaching;
Who should attend?
This course is designed for emergency management personnel who are involved in developing an effective emergency planning system. Employees in public, charitable and private organizations involved in emergency planning and management
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Gain knowledge required to pursue a career or work on emergency planning and management.
- Will examine theory and practice in a range of countries, benchmarking approaches in their respective countries of origin/work and generally build relevant experience in the industry.
- Develop their skills that are needed to manage the response to various emergencies (i.e. Civil, technological incidents, transport accidents and natural disasters among others)
- Develop an early warning system and risk management plan tailored to the needs of their organization;
- Examine the kinds of tools and products that are available or could be developed to integrate information into forms most useful for them to make decisions at various levels; and
- Set-up appropriate contingency plan or options to guide members of their organization against various hazards of different timescales.
Outline of topics to be covered in the program:
- Disaster theory and practice
- Definitions and concepts
- The four core early warning system components
- End-to-End Early Warning System (EWS)
- New Hazard Paradigm
- End-to-End EWS Framework and its Elements
- Risk assessment
- Hazard Identification Process
- Risk Analysis: Probabilities and Consequences
- Risk Management: Options Analysis2014
- Hazard Forecast Based Risk Estimation Analysis
- Development of Decision Support Tools
- Risk Communication
- Risk Communication Process and Tools
- Contingency Plans
- Organizational Preparedness and Response Preparation
- Emergency and Disaster planning;
- Integrated emergency management practice and issues;
- Business continuity management;
- The management of natural and environmental disasters;
- GIS and RS, science and services;
- Research design and methods;
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 09:15:am - 11:30:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|
Sammy +254 724527104