Training Course on Urban Flood Management and Disaster Risk Mitigation
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
The course is aimed at providing the most up-to-date information on the topic of urban flood modelling and disaster management and to enable participants to be more effective in applying modelling tools and techniques for urban flood management. The purpose of this course is to introduce current theory and practice of flood risk estimation and modelling of floods in urban areas. It provides hands-on practice with industrial standard software.
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for professionals (engineers, scientists and managers/planners) active in the urban water sector, especially those involved in using simulation models for planning of drainage networks and water-related disaster management activities.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Develop understanding of how to use the models to assess the performance of existing systems and how to design the new ones within the context of different flood risks (pluvial, fluvial, coastal and flash floods)
- Learn how to produce different flood risk maps in a GIS environment and how to calculate different types of flood damages, and
- Develop understanding of structural and non-structural flood resilience measures such as, conventional and innovative structures, early warning sys
- Urban Development Planning and Asset Management
- Urban Hydrology and Climate Change
- System Performance Assessment
- Flood Risks
- Flood Inundation Modelling
- Supporting Technologies
- Flood Risk Estimation and Management
- Modelling Uncertainty
- Theory and Practice of Disaster Management
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 09:15:am - 11:25:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|
Sammy +254 724527104
|Flood Management Risk Mitigation Course in Nairobi Training in Nairobi Training Courses in Nairobi Training Course in Kenya Training in Kenya Seminar in Nairobi Workshop in Nairobi Kenya Africa August 2022 September 2022 International Training|