We usually fail to consider things like sustainability, or how our permits and plans interact with each other. For example, your air emissions may be perfectly acceptable under your Clean Air Act permit, but clearly point out that you're engaging in toxic pollutant emissions under EPCRA Reporting. Or, although in compliance, what impact does your stormwater discharge really have, and might the environment (and your bottom line) improve by harvesting stormwater for use in our process rather than discharging it?
An environmental management system is going to change how you think because it forces you to have everything under one roof, for (usually) easy review. A comprehensive EMS requires a company to focus on their activities and resultant environmental impacts across the board - not just how they fit into some specific regulatory program.
So, for these reasons, an EMS can be a real challenge for some companies or organizations. And for that, in order to make the EMS work effectively, you need one thing - training.
Who should apply?
- Individuals intending to learn about Environmental Management fundamentals.
- Professionals looking to advance into the Energy and Environment sectors.
- Managers and executives wanting to improve their approach to compliance and environmental protection.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Ensure a holistic approach to environmental impacts
- Focus on only critical aspects and processes
- Make use of time-tested, mature approaches recognized worldwide
- Establish positive relationships with regulators
- Issues in traditional approach
- The EMS approach
- Operational Management Program (OMP)
- The EMS scope
- Activities and Significance
- Objectives, targets and progress indicators
- Assigning roles, responsibilities, and accountability
- Quality checking the EMS
- Management Review and oversight
- Communications in the EMS
- Implementation Sequence
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.