Training Course on Commercial Real Estate Development
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Designed to analyze the real estate development process primarily from the perspective of the equity participant, the Commercial Real Estate Development course concentrates on the identification and evaluation of critical assumptions related to the financial feasibility, construction, and financing of economically viable commercial real estate developments. Inherent risk factors and ways to manage risk are also explored.
All phases of the development process are examined: idea conception, marketability, financial feasibility, contract negotiations, and debt and equity financing. During this intensive five day course, prominent practitioners and real estate attorneys will join the lectures and review, in detail, two common contracts utilized in the development process - a Joint Venture (LLC) Agreement and a Construction Loan Agreement.
Who Should Attend?
This course is applicable to a wide range of professionals across the real estate, banking, finance/investment, and insurance industries. Specifically, the course may be of interest to fund managers, investment portfolio managers, financial advisors, investment bankers, fixed-income analysts, financial risk managers, global financial market specialists, and professionals working in macroeconomic policy. More generally, this class can be valuable to anyone dealing with global financial markets and real estate investments.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the real estate development process from the perspective of the investor.
- Evaluate the critical elements of a real estate development in deciding to go forward or not.
- Identify risk factors and ways to manage and price risk.
- Analyze the financial feasibility of a real estate project.
- Through team exercises, attendees will leave with a solid understanding of – and be more confident in negotiating, the terms of a Joint Venture (LLC) Agreement and a Construction Loan Agreement.
Module I: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Development
- What is commercial real estate?
- Steps of creating a real estate project
- Use of analytical tools
- Case Studies
Module II: Managing Real Estate development projects
- Project management concepts in real estate
- Managing a project successfully
- Challenges in managing a real estate project
Module III: Real Estate Investment Decisions
- History of real estate investment
- Strategies of investment in real estate
- Real-work examples of successful real estate investments.
Module IV: Financing real Estate Investments
- Ways of Financing real estate
- Financing Equation in the real estate
- Financial analysis for financial success in real estate
Module V: Leading Successful Property Management Operations
- Possibility of future profitability in real estate investment
- Leadership traits and strategies for effective facilities management,
- Best practices in critical areas like waste removal and reducing environmental impact,
- How to manage overlapping maintenance activities
- Make outsourcing decisions.
Module VI: Optimizing Asset Management Strategies
- The Asset Management Strategic Plan.
- How to build a strategic plan
- Understanding of the asset manager role, its activities, and different management approaches.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 08:30:am - 11:55:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|
Sammy +254 724527104
|Estate Development Real Estate Courses in Nairobi Training in Nairobi Training Courses in Nairobi Training Courses in Kenya Training in Kenya Seminars in Nairobi Workshops in Nairobi Kenya Africa August 2022 October 2022 International Training|