Leadership is the ability to create an environment where everyone knows what contribution is expected and feels totally committed to doing a great job. Leadership is an essential skill for all successful managers to learn and practice regularly.
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for this course is financial managers and professionals from all sectors: government, public finance, investment, trade, corporate finance, project management, treasury, as well as academic circles and civil society, who want to learn about leadership skills. The course is also useful for experts in other fields who wish to develop their leadership competencies.
- Distinguish the various types of leadership styles and understand how they should be adapted to fit the requirement of a situation
- Explain the major approaches to leadership and the attributes of a leader
- Identify the various leadership skills and enhance their own leadership capabilities
- Learn how to build their leadership competencies and successfully cope with the challenges in their leadership roles
- Identify and develop future leadership within their organization/staff members
- Construct a clear picture of the different attributes and leadership styles of some great leaders through examples of their leadership roles.
Module I – Understanding Leadership
- Behaviors exhibited by successful Leaders
- Tools and techniques to improve your Leadership skills
- Leadership qualities
Module II – Taking up Leadership Role
- Types of activities, roles, and responsibilities that are typical of those in management positions.
- Challenges faced in your day-to-day job.
- Techniques to cope with the pressures faced i.e. time management and problem-solving.
- Similarities and differences in the roles of managers and leaders.
Module III – Leading through Challenges
- Experience is the best teacher
- How to listen and communicate effectively
- Being assertive
- Importance of feedback
- Importance of, and know techniques for, developing relationships with peers and superiors
- Goal setting
Module IV – Developing Leaders
- Aspects of delegation
- Conflict resolution strategies
- Problem-solving skills
- Team building techniques related to peer teams and executive teams
- The importance of credibility in leading teams
- Empowerment and its effect on team performance
Module V – Examples of Leaders
- Understand global leadership
- How cultures differ in their approaches to leadership
- Developing Cultural Intelligence with leadership in Finance
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.