The aim of this course is to enable participants to develop and implement category-based procurement strategies. These include clearly understand corporate procurement strategy development options, manage tools and methods to implement strategies in business units, align procurement systems, processes and functions with the procurement spend and risk profile of the organisation, and focus on significant high risk/high spend accounts.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for procurement practitioners and managers at all levels and is also recommended for programme and project staff and other procurement stakeholders involved in the planning, monitoring, management, or oversight of procurement. The course will particularly benefit those who wish to take a more proactive and strategic approach to their procurement activities by developing and implementing an integrated corporate procurement strategy
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
• Describe the issues to be considered when developing a procurement strategy for a business unit
• Articulate the objectives of a procurement activity for a business unit
• Conduct procurement spend analysis, supply risk assessments, demand and supply market analysis
• Model and implement strategies for significant procurement
• Implement strategies for routine, volume, critical and strategic categories
• Align systems, capabilities, and administrative processes with strategic objectives
• Measure performance, outcomes and results
Module I: Steps to Becoming World Class
- What World Class Procurement Departments do differently
- Category Management and Strategic Sourcing
- The Kraljic Matrix
- Winning Procurement Competencies
- Build a Solid Business Case
Module II: Evaluating Your Own Operation
- Procurement Gap and Benchmarking Analysis
- Spend and Opportunity Analysis
- Developing the Procurement Department Strategic Plan
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) For Procurement
- Material Chain Management
Module III: Continuous Improvement Roadmap
- Key Enablers of Procurement
- Agile Procurement
- Supplier Pricing and Managing Price
- Cost Reduction Strategies
Module IV: Supplier Management Approaches
- Supplier Classification System
- Supplier Qualification Methods
- Supplier Performance Metrics
- Managing Procurement Risks
- Contract Management
Module V: Improving the Image of Procurement
- Global Sourcing
- Market Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Keeping Current in the profession
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.