This course focuses on the operations of community projects. The course aims at educating participants on the programmes of monitoring and evaluation implemented to ensure successful community projects. The course acknowledges the need for an improves monitoring and evaluation system, thus aims to equip participants with skills in the creation of effective monitoring and evaluation systems
- Processes of project management
- Knowledge areas of project management
- Project management formulas, theories and charts
- Complex project network diagrams
- Use of data analysis software (NVivo, Stata, Excel, SAS)
Who Should Attend?
This course targets project management official from non-governmental organizations, National statistics offices, researchers, governmental ministries, Planning ministries, and financial institutions, among others.
- Principles and concepts of project management
- Development and development frameworks issues
- Community types
- Community development and empowerment
- Distribution of development resources
- Community projects designing
- Involvement of community in development projects
- Management of project cycle
- Need and project stakeholders’ analysis
- Influence mapping
- Control and implementation
- Development stakeholder’s management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Project monitoring auditing techniques
- Evaluation of project management systems and practices
- Monitoring indicators and systems designing
- Collaboration with national bodies, and project staff
- Social and institutional change evaluation
- Results and impact measuring
- Economic, social, and environmental impact assessment
- Variables and indicators
- The LOGFRAME approach
- Techniques of sampling and surveys
- Characteristics of data and sources
- Techniques of appraisals
- Systems and tools of monitoring and evaluation
- Data management standards
- Identification and presentation of data outputs
- consulting stakeholders
- development of the project performance audit report
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.