Mastering Corporate Communications and Media Relations Management training seminar is designed to help Communications, PR and Media professionals to audit their current practice and measure its effectiveness in a changing marketplace. Since the Cluetrain Manifesto predicted changes in the way that markets and consumers would behave, communications/PR and marketing have converged. A host of new channels and tools have overtaken much of the mass media that we used to deal with, yet many organisations have hardly changed their approach.
This training course will help practitioners to rethink the way they practice Public Relations, Corporate Communications and Media Relations. The toolkit of skills learned during the course will help increase participants’ ability to meet and exceed corporate objectives. For the professionals charged with Corporate Communications and Media responsibilities, this course takes them through the nitty-gritty of managing: - Stakeholders Relations, Community Relations, PR P-e-n-c-i-l-s, Media writing, Press Relations, Social media, Brand exposure, Opinions/Perceptions influencing and even more.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to highlight:
- The New Rules of Marketing and Communications
- The changing roles of communications and marketing professionals
- The Use of Social Media to Reach Specific Target Audiences
- How to Create Content that engages attention and makes readers return
- The increasing use of video and audio and ways to produce low-cost content
- Corporate Communication
- Defining Corporate Communication
- The Spheres of Corporate Communication
- Increasing the organization's visibility
- Brands exposure
- Perception management: investors, employees, government agencies, other stakeholders, public
- Positive reputation sustenance
- Management of public events
- Types of Corporate Communication
- Investor relations communication
- Employee communications
- Community relations communication
- Crisis communication
- Executive personnel interviews management.
- Planning Campaigns
- PR P-E-N-C-I-L-S
- Special Projects and Cross Functional Activities
- Government relations
- Crisis management
- Corporate and social responsibility
- Influence public policy
- Influencing workplace environment
- Events Organization
- Media Relations
- The Media Environment - press, electronic, online
- Characters of journalists and editors
- Information output
- Press releases
- Media requests
- Interviews management
- Interpersonal skills
- Total Marketing Communications
- Corporate Communication Budgeting
- In-house management
- Working with Consultants and Agencies.
- Social Media Strategy
- Social Media fundamentals
- Having a strategy
- Defining your audience
- Optimization - Match your audience with your strategy
- Selecting your digital tools
- Measuring results and making continuous changes
- Developing a cult following.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.