This course is designed to enable those involved with projects to become efficient and effective in the acquisition and utilization of funds for development purposes, using appropriate techniques and application of accounting and finance principles.
The effective use and deployment of donor funds for various projects demand careful utilization and timely reporting mechanisms to the funders. It is only when funds are effectively managed in accordance with the donor’s requirements will there be the motivation for reimbursement of financial resources.
Not all donors have extensive regulations detailing how you must manage their funding. In the absence of specific donor requirements, Its upon every funded organization to determine how best to implement their projects in a responsible manner to guarantee intended outcomes and overall Project success.
This advanced programme harmonizes accounting and financial management procedures in order to promote improved compliance with the financial reporting and control requirements of national governments as well as international finance institutions. Participants will acquire the competence needed for designing, implementing and monitoring an integrated project finance management system that is appropriate for efficient and effective delivery of the project objectives.
Who should attend?
Finance Directors, Finance Managers, Procurement Directors, Procurement managers, Procurement officers, Administrators, Project officers, Budget Accountants, Auditors, Chief Accountants, Credit Controllers
- Accounting principles and procedures in the preparation of financial statement
- Analyze and interpret information as contained in financial statements.
- Outline and evaluate the effectiveness of the legal provisions governing the procurement and use of donor funds.
- Prepare and effectively manage implementation of budgets for donor funds.
- Identifying projects for donor funding.
- Design project proposal formats.
- Monitor and evaluate donor funded projects.
- Compliance with standards, legal and administrative framework
Module 1 - Financial Management of Donors Fund - Overview
- Financial management of donor funds
- Objectives of donor funds
- Disbursement procedures of donor funds
- Revenue planning and cash management
Module 2 - Financial Statements - (Understanding, Interpretation and Analysis)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statements
- Balance Sheet Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Statements
Module 3 - Costing of Donor Funded Projects
- Concepts and types of costs
- Costing and cost reduction strategies
- Marginal, Absorption and Activity Based Costing
- Debt Management strategies and Techniques
- Management of Accounting and Decision making
Module 4 - Budgeting of Donor Funded Projects
- Preparation of Work Plan
- Types of budgets
- Budgeting and Investment appraisal
- Preparation of Budget reports
- Auditing - Internal Controls
Module 5 - Management of Donor Funded Projects
- The Donor - Lending, types of loan, Co-financing
- Legal Provision
- Project Break-Even Analysis
- General Withdrawals Arrangement
- Withdrawal Arrangements for (SOES)
Module 6 - Disbursement of Donor Funded Projects
- Statement of Expenditure(SOES)
- Special Accounts (SAS)
- Disbursement Reports and loan repayment
- Procurement of Goods, Works and Services
- Accounts and Audit
Module 7 - Financed Projects
- Types of Loans and Projects
- Project Implementing Agencies
- Project Preparation and Execution
- Project Financing
- Procurement of Goods and Services
Module 8 - Project Management
- Project cycle management
- Project planning and scheduling
- Critical path and network analysis
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
- Evaluation of international aid offers
Module 9 - Compliance Regulatory and Governance
- Understanding of compliance regulatory
- Principles of governance according to international requirements
- Accountability, Probity and Transparency
- Conflict, time and stress
- Governance and anti-corruption agenda
Module 10 - Risk Management
- Risk monitoring and control and control frameworks
- Regular financial reporting and independent audits
- Internal control policies and procedures
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Best Practices in Project finance Management
This course will be delivered by our skilled trainers who have vast knowledge and experience as expert professionals in the fields. The course is taught in English and through a mix of theory, practical activities, group discussion and case studies. Course manuals and additional training materials will be provided to the participants upon completion of the training.
This course can also be tailor-made to meet organization requirement.
The training will be held at our Upskill Training Centre. We also offer training for a group (at a discount of 10% to 50%) at requested location all over the world. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, and buffet lunch.
Visa application, travel expenses, airport transfers, dinners, accommodation, insurance, and other personal expenses are catered by the participant
Participants will be issued with Upskill certificate upon completion of this course.