The practical and highly popular workshop rapidly develops the key skills and knowledge that enables new and developing office professionals to maximize their contribution in the workplace.
This workshop shows you how to plan and organize efficiently, develop confident communication skills and proactively contribute to the successful achievement of the organization‘s goals.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop the skills and attributes of a first-class office professional and make a greater contribution in their workplace.
- Deal with the difficulties and pressures of working in a modern office.
- Prioritize between urgent and important tasks
Setting the Scene, Assessing Existing Skills, Time Management
- Assessing Prior Skills and Knowledge
- Perceptions, Attributes and Beliefs
- Time Management Skills
- Setting Goals and Priorities
- Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
Organizing and Planning
- Managing Workflow
- Techniques for Organizing and Planning
- Managing Meetings
- Elements of an Effective Meeting
- Taking Minutes of Meetings
Effective Communication Skills
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Listening and Questioning Skills
- Body Language
- Being Assertive
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Upwards
- Partnering with your Boss
- Stress Management
Serving the Internal and External Customer
- Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
- Removing Services Barriers
- Providing Excellent Service
- Handling Complaints
- Writing Skills
- Email Etiquette
- Presentation Skills
FOR WHOM: Office Managers, Team Leaders, Administrators, Supervisors, Executive Secretaries, Clerical Officers, Support Staff and Personal Assistants.