Terms like conflict management and conflict resolution are often used synonymously, even though both actually have different definitions. Lesser known but equally important is the concept of conflict transformation, which also holds its own unique definition apart from its conflict management and conflict resolution cousins.
The question must be asked; What are the differences between these three fundamental concepts? How do we differentiate between these concepts and know when to apply each pragmatically in the workplace? Conflict resolution skills are required for a wide range of positions across many job sectors.
This requirement is based on the fact that conflict tends to reduce productivity and create a difficult work environment, leading to unwanted turnover in staff and reduced morale.Individuals who are able to resolve conflicts are often excellent mediators, rational, and able to manage difficult personalities from a place of empathy. Learn about conflict resolution, including types of conflict resolution, examples, and how conflict resolution process works.
At the end of the training course, the participants will be able to effectively demonstrate:
- Assertiveness in a meeting between employees who have engaged in dispute.
- Interviewing and active listening skills utilized to define the nature of a conflict between a supervisor and subordinate.
- Empathy by asking opposing employees to describe how the other might feel in conflict situations.
- Facilitating a brainstorming session with their staff to generate solutions to ongoing points of conflict.
- Mediation skills by as one who helps rival subordinates to identify mutually agreeable changes in behaviour.
- Creativity and problem-solving and redefine roles of two conflict-prone staff to eliminate points of friction.
- Exceptional leadership and team building competences
- Ability to facilitate industrial harmony by fostering a culture of ownership and sense of belonging
- Advancement of equity, fairness and workplace symphony
- 2022/23 Workplace Trends
- Introduction to Modern Conflict Advisory
- The 360 degree Approach to Conflict
- Workforce Politics and Psychology
- Conflict Management
- Leadership and Team Building
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Transformation
- Crisis Management
- Leading Positive Employee Experience
- Ethics and Etiquette
- Diversity, Mediation and Inclusion
- Best Practices and Global Standards
|Apr 22 - 24 Apr, 2024
Registration: 08:55:am - 03:45:am
|(Negotiable with numbers of Participants from an organization)
Dr. Wole Osunmakinde 08037275205
Dr Wole Osunmakinde & Faculty