Accidents and Crash Investigation for Corporate Transport Managers
Venue: Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to investigate all adverse events.
- Understand the causes of accidents and ill-health.
- Understand the elements that combine to form an accident.
- Develop confidence and professionalism in investigating, interviewing and reporting
- Ensure all employees and contractors are aware of the SMS and ‘Safety Culture’
- Apply the legal requirements and company procedures
- Accident and Crash Theories
- Incident and Accident Analysis Overview, exploring Accident Theory
- Identify accident and incident causation factors
- What are the necessary conditions for an accident to happen?
- Unsafe Acts V. Unsafe Conditions: Avoiding the “Blame Game”
- Role of the HSE Team Leader and a trained and prepared workforce during an Investigation
- Links between Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation
- Factors that contribute towards establishing a good safety culture?
- Investigation Methodology
- Six-step accident investigation process
- Scene Protection and Examination - Who should be involved at this stage
- The importance of Note Taking v. reliance on memory
- Scene Photographs (+video) and Sketching – equipment required
- Interviewing Techniques, Facts, Evidence and Witness Statements
- Purpose and preparation for the Interview
- Building Rapport with the witness
- Obtaining Witness Statements
- Who conducts the interview
- Where to conduct an interview
- Report Writing and Practical Exercises
- Writing the Report – the aim is to persuade and seek action
- Effective Writing Skills – simple, self-explanatory and straightforward
- Help to prevent recurrence – cost savings (human and financial)
- Root Cause Analysis
- What is the “Root Cause” and why is it important
- From Root Cause to Prevention
- What questions to ask to confirm “Root Cause”
- Consider the Human Error issues
- Help to establish and maintain regulatory due diligence
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.||Mar 28 - 31 Mar, 2023|
|NGN 195,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N195,000.00 (One Hundred and Ninety-Five Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
|Accidents Crash Investigation Corporate Transport Managers Training in Lagos Courses in Lagos Workshops in Lagos Seminars in Lagos Nigeria Africa March 2023|
4 days, 03 - 06 Apr, 2023
4 days, 17 - 20 Apr, 2023
4 days, 30 May - 02 Jun, 2023
4 days, 28 - 31 Mar, 2023