At the completion of the course, it is expected that all drivers will demonstrate:
- An awareness of how risk taking, and motivation can affect your safety on the road.
- How to identify potential hazards and avoid them.
- Improved vision while driving
- An understanding of the risks associated with alcohol, drugs, and fatigue.
- The importance of correct tyre pressures and condition of tyres
- The importance of seat belts and other safety devices in the vehicle
- How to minimise distractions and loose objects in the vehicle
- How to identify different braking systems and how to use them effectively.
- How speed can affect stopping distances
- A responsible attitude to self, other road users and community
- How to apply defensive driving techniques
- An introduction to risk assessment for professional drivers
- Objectives of risk assessment for professional drivers
- The principles of risk assessment for professional drivers
- The five stages of risk assessment for professional drivers
- Cost and time efficiency compared with in vehicle assessments.
- A good first step to managing occupational road risk.
- Fits with HSE guidelines on risk assessing all drivers.
- Easily risk assess drivers of all vehicle types.
- Legal requirements
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Oct 17 - 20 Oct, 2023
|NGN 195,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N195,000.00 (One Hundred and Ninety-Five Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.