Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Various theoretical perspectives on leadership.
- The tensions that can arise between the bureaucratic, administration-driven traditions of public services and the leadership and management styles required within new and emerging operating environments.
- The relationship between political leadership and organizational leadership.
- Different approaches adopted by public service leaders around the globe, including generalizable attributes of success and failure.
- Which existing theories of leadership are appropriate for a new public management context or whether new models or paradigms may be required to move forward.
Leadership and Reform of the Public Services
- Is there a leadership problem in the public services?
- Perspectives on leadership
- Remaking the welfare state
In Search of Leadership
- Myths and conundrums
- But we are different.
- Leading in the absence of ‘profit’
- Performance and conformance – carrots and sticks
- Leadership and Management
- Transformational change
- Leaders and followers
- Other management leaders
- Managerial leaders and partners
- A normative model of leadership
The Leadership Trajectory
- Who are the leaders? The role of politics in public service leadership.
- Leading change and renewal – the ultimate aspiration for public service
Lessons in Leadership
- The problem leadership addresses.
- Leadership processes
- Managers and elected politicians
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|SunLodge Hotel, Off Achimota - Circle Road behind the Shell Filling Station at No. 76, 4th Road (Saxel Estates) Tesano – Accra, Ghana.
||Nov 06 - 10 Nov, 2023
|USD 3,500.00||(The Workshop fee is $3500 (Three Thousand Five Hundred USDollars) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.