Accounts receivable management is a demanding job. You will be making decisions that can make or break a company. Your role is unique and complex, one that is closely integrated into the overall customer service of your company. In this workshop we ‘ll look at what exactly accounts receivable is, what it is you’re going to be doing, what you will need to know to get started, why your company needs an accounts receivable department to begin with, Debt collection and what are some of the keys to a successful accounts receivable department.
- Credit management
- The process of billing
- The process of collecting the money
- Customer service, internal controls, and the annual audit
- Handling deduction issues, letters of credit and other security interests
- Legal considerations surrounding credit
- The use of technology in the credit and collections agency
- Collections of work list management
- Evaluation of collection success
- Accounting records and regulations
- Accounts receivable
Accounts Receivable (AR) Managers, AR Staff, AR and Revenue Accountants, Billing and Collection Officers, AR Specialists and Professional accounting and finance staff who interact with Accounts Receivable Operators.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.