Practical, real-world training is critical for success in any career. Working as a lawyer in the public sector involves additional obligations and challenges that you will never learn about in a textbook. Hear from experienced government lawyers on what they see as the absolute must-know issues for anyone starting a legal career in the public service.
Legislative Process And Interpreting Legislation
- Executive Government and Parliamentary processes
- The making of legislation, regulations, and statutory instruments
- Understanding legislative frameworks
- The role of regulations, statutory instruments, and policies
- Introduction to interpreting legislation and statutory instruments
Delegations And Authorizations
- The legal basis for the devolution of power
- The difference between delegations and authorizations
- When a delegation or authorization can be made
Legal Professional Privilege Issues for Government Lawyers
- Understanding the extra layer of responsibilities and duties tied to the legal professional privilege in government practice
- Waiver in a government context
- Important exceptions for government lawyers
- Public interest immunity
- Executive privilege
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Mar 07 - 10 Mar, 2023
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos., Lagos State, Nigeria
||29 Aug - 01 Sep, 2023
|NGN 285,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N285,000.00 (Two Hundred and Eighty-Five Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.