Construction project portfolio management is a strategic approach that enables construction companies to maximize the performance and ROI of their projects by approaching them from a holistic viewpoint. Rather than looking at each project as a silo, PPM helps leadership visualize the big picture and make decisions accordingly.
The focus of project portfolio management is to identify problems at the earliest stage and take corrective actions before any negative impact. Construction project portfolio management processes and tools put key data points in front of decision-makers. As a result, you get a holistic picture across multiple projects.
Construction project managers, Architects, Property managers, Quantity surveyors, Civil engineers and others who want to improve on their construction project management skills
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Have a understanding of concept and management of construction project portfolio from inception to completion
- Provide a roadmap and set of tools for change project prioritization and “portfolio management”
- Assess current project opportunities and establish priorities for a current slate of projects – with essential balance between potential results, timing and likelihood of success
- Enable leaders to recognize and avoid the pitfalls of “usual suspect” solutions that look attractive but waste time and resources
- Practice key steps to scope/size projects for success, and identify the right change strategy (e.g. strategic initiative, quick win, process improvement (e.g. Lean, DMAIC, Kaizen), design/redesign (reengineering, DFSS), etc.)
- Build a solid business case for chosen projects, allowing project executors (e.g. Sponsors, Program Managers, Black Belts, etc.) to gain the support and resources they need
- Initiate an ongoing process for leaders to effectively assess and deploy improvement resources – including stopping and refocusing efforts as needs change
|Green-Minds Hotel, Plot 764, Cadastral Zone B05, E. Ekukinam Street, Utako District, Abuja
||Sep 25 - 29 Sep, 2023
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:30:am
Asije Philip 08029170491, 08068933608, 07087578814, 08051365946, 08145745664, 08184727337
Group discount available
Oladapo Samuel Olabode – B.Tech (Hons), Civil Engineering, M.Sc., Civil & Environmental Engineering (Structures option), Member, the Nigerian Society of Engineers (44195), Registered Engineer, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN Reg. No. R39363), Member, Nigerian Institute of Management and member, American Society of Civil Engineers. Engr. Olabode is a Senior Civil Engineer, University of Lagos till date with key responsibilities in the areas of:• Planning and design of academic and administrative buildings, • Undertake environmental feasibility studies and environmental impact assessment • Construction supervision and quality control• Reviewing designs undertaken by external consultants• Liaise as department’s capital project desk officer with the budget and planning unit of the University, Federal Ministry of Education and Tertiary Education Trust Fund• Planning, Scheduling and Execution of Maintenance of buildings, sport facilities, water treatment and distribution facility, sewage and wastewater treatment facility He will share his experiences with participants on this programme.Engr. J. Taiwo Adegboye. –HND, B.Sc., (Civil Engr.) MBA. (Coren Cert.) MBA., Fellow Nig. Institute of Civil Engineers. Fellow Nigeria Society of Engineers. An experienced civil, structural and construction Engineer. Engr. Adegboye. has over 25 years of post-graduation experience in the building and construction project management, building and facility maintenance. He started his career with Structwork Consultants as a Design Engineer before joining Lagos State Development and Property Corporation. (LSDPC) as Engineer Grade 11. He worked in various engineering units and left the Corporation as Deputy General Manager, Engineering Services. Engr. Adegboye is the Managing Director / CEO, Jota Engineering Services. He will bring his wealth of experience to bear on this program.Engr. FAGBENRO O. - B.Sc., (Mech. Engr. Coren Cert.) MBA. A result oriented professional mechanical engineer with over eighteen years’ industry experience in the field of maintenance of rotary equipment, supervision and inspection of the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems in an industrial concern. Have a proven track record of ensuring optimal availability and reliability of mechanical systems. Engr. Fagbenro has worked as production manager, operation manager and maintenance engineer in both Engineering service and manufacturing companies such as Dangote Industries Ltd, Ricky Adex & Co. Ltd, and Atlantic Textile Manufacturing Co. Ltd. Engr. Fagbenro is the Deputy General Manager Projects, Dangote Sugar Refinery Company Plc. He will bring his wealth of experience to bear on our programs.