Training on Epidemiological Data Analysis Using Stata
By: Devimpact Institute
05 - 13 Jun, 2023 9 days
|Online, Kenya||31 Jul - 08 Aug, 2023||USD950|
|Online , Kenya||28 Aug - 05 Sep, 2023||USD950|
|Online, Kenya||09 - 17 Oct, 2023||USD950|
|Nairobi, Kenya||06 - 14 Nov, 2023||USD950|
Epidemiologists have relied on Stata for over 30 years because of its specialized epidemiologic commands, accuracy, and ease of use. Whether you are researching infectious diseases, investigating exposure to pathogens, or studying chronic diseases, Stata provides the data management and statistical tools to support your research. It also gives you the ability to make publication-quality graphics so you can clearly display your findings.
The course is suitable for potential epidemiologists and biostatisticians and current researchers including clinicians, laboratory and social scientists. Participants should have knowledge of Basic Statistics and be familiar with the Statistical package Stata.
Online - 7 days
Classroom Based – 5 days
Principles of Epidemiology
- Epidemiology: concepts and terminology
- Population and Samples
- Measuring disease: Incidence and prevalence
- Study Design
- Intervention studies
- Cohort studies
- Case control studies
- Observational studies
- Measuring the risk factor
Basic analytical procedures
- Review of Stata software
- Basic concepts about data type and analysis
- Introduction to basic Statistical models used in epidemiology
- ANOVA, ANCOVA,
- simple and multiple linear regressions,
- logistic regression.
Sample size determination
- Sample size calculation,
- Sampling weight
- Statistical power
- Constructing valid comparison groups
- 2 × 2 and 2 × 2 stratified table for longitudinal, cohort study, case–control, and matched case–control data
- Odds ratio, incidence ratio, risk ratio, risk difference, and attributable fraction
- Chi-squared, Fishers’s exact, and Mantel–Haenszel tests
- Analysis of duration outcomes
- Estimating the probability of survival
- Modeling survival as a function of covariates using Cox, Weibull, lognormal, and other regression models.
- Predict hazard ratios
- Standard cohort analysis
- Sample weighting
- Adjustment of variance
- Parametric models: poisson regression, Flexible Parametric survival Models (FPM)
Case Control Studies
- Basic design concepts
- Selection of Cases
- Selection of Control
- Odds ratio for case control
- Case cohort studies
Note: This course outline is for guidance purposes and will be customized according to the participant’s requirements.
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
|Online||Jun 05 - 13 Jun, 2023|
|Online, Kenya||31 Jul - 08 Aug, 2023|
|Online , Kenya||28 Aug - 05 Sep, 2023|
|Online, Kenya||09 - 17 Oct, 2023|
|Nairobi, Kenya||06 - 14 Nov, 2023|
Registration: 08:30:am - 04:00:am
|USD 950.00 + 47.50 (VAT)||(Classroom-based)|
|USD 600.00 + 30.00 (VAT)||(Online based)|
Devimpact Institute +254 714349537
|Epidemiological Data Analysis Stata Training in Kenya Training Courses in Kenya Training Courses in Nairobi Training Seminars in Nairobi|
9 days, 26 Jun - 04 Jul, 2023
5 days, 12 - 16 Jun, 2023
5 days, 10 - 14 Jul, 2023
5 days, 05 - 09 Jun, 2023