It's easy to become overwhelmed as an Assistant balancing multiple responsibilities, clients, and an overflowing to-do list. Being organized is essential, and employing technology significantly eases maintaining control of things. Automation might be the solution if you find yourself spending a lot of time on manual and repetitive activities. It also offers a number of other advantages, including minimizing human error while transmitting data between systems. Additionally, automation helps to achieve reliability
and scalability, and increased efficiency.
This training equips participants with a better understanding of the shifting responsibilities and expectations of the modern Executive Assistant role.
This course is ideal for executive assistants in government institutions and the private
sector who have an interest in business automation.
Online - 7 Days
Classroom-based - 5 Days
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of automation in the office
- Use different applications to schedule meetings and tasks
- Effectively manage their calendar
- Effectively streamline and manage meetings
- Sort and manage emails effectively
- Efficiently manage time
Introduction to Business Automation
- What is business automation?
- Benefits of utilizing an office automation system
- Strategic ways to automate business processes
Scheduling and Calendar Management
- Fundamentals of calendar management
- How to set up an ideal week calendar and why it’s a must-have
- Technology and tools for effective calendar management
o Google calendar
o Outlook calendar
o Office tracker
- Planning and scheduling meetings
- What meetings should make it into your Executive’s schedule?
- Streamlining meetings for your Executive
- Managing your Executive’s one to one meetings
- Creating a time audit for your Executive
- Online meetings
o Zoom Meetings
o Google Meet
- Do’s and Don’ts for managing your boss’s email
- Email sorting
- Colour coding emails
- Email management tools
- Defining your tasks
- Understanding the context
- Improving communications and setting expectations
- Task management tools
o Microsoft To-Do
o Google Tasks
- Overview of document management
- Document management tools
o Drop box
o One Drive
o Microsoft Word
o Microsoft power point
o Microsoft Publisher
o Share point
o Google Docs
- Overview of productivity management
- Productivity management tools
o Website blocker
- Why collaboration is important
- Collaboration tools
o Smart sheet
o Google Docs
o We transfer
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in their respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of
practical activities, theory, group works and case studies. Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the
existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations and tailor-made needs.