Effective communication is a key factor to any successful project, program or initiative, it is also essential to the successful delivery of the mission, vision and public relation of an organization.
Being an effective communicator requires soft skill development, honing and updating on an ongoing basis. Effective communication skills are the heart of your interpersonal therefore learning effective communication skills allows you to express yourself and improve both your personal and professional relationships.
This course is designed to equip the participants with the skills and knowledge on exchanging and presenting ideas, thoughts, knowledge and information presentation through an accepted code of language.
This course is aimed at team leaders, executives, managers, administrators and any other professional who seek to advance their skills in effective communication.
Online – 7 Days
Classroom Based – 5 days
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will be able to gain skills on:
- Understanding of the essential components of effective communication
- Communicating effectively in personal and professional spheres
- Practicing good body language, use eye contact, utilize hand gestures, and watch the tone of the voice when communicating with other
- Respect the opinion of others and never resort to demeaning those who do not agree with you by attaining open mind-ness
- Using their words, tone and posture to match the objective of their communication successfully
- Techniques to build rapport easily for effective communication
- Use assertiveness to bring out the best in one’s communication
Introduction to Effective Communication
- Principles of communication
- Types of communication
- Characteristics of effective communication
- Communication barriers
- Audience analysis
- Composing a message
- Sender and receiver
- Encoding and decoding
- Channels of communication
- Feedback process
- Structuring communication
- Building Rapport
- Clear & concise communication
- Voice intonation
- Facial expressions
- Communication distance
- Eye contact
- Listening process
- Types of listening
- Focusing on the message
- Accurate understanding
- Critical thinking
Probing and Acknowledgment
- Conversation cycle
- Effective probing in communication
- Understanding acknowledgement
- Reframing communications
- Assertive Vs aggression
- Assertive communication techniques
- Assertive essentials
- Expressing personal power
- Developing an assertive plan
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of presentations, practical activities, discussions, class exercises and case studies.
Training notes and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations and tailor-made needs.