This course is designed to help you understand the challenges and opportunities that define the moment, what needs to be done, and how to mobilize people and resources with purpose and urgency. In today’s rapidly changing landscape, strategic leadership is needed to make a difference. Strategic leadership refers to a manager’s potential to express a strategic vision for the organization, or a part of the organization, and to motivate and persuade others to acquire that vision by aligning internal resources to achieve the ambitions, as well as aligning internal and external stakeholders.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to enhance the leadership capacity of those aspiring to develop their strategic leadership skills. It is suitable for department heads and senior managers who work cross-functionally.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Utilise practical strategic planning to become an effective organisational leader
- Improve strategic thinking and implementation
- Know their personal leadership strengths and limitations
- Implement strategy and deal with ambiguity and multiple stakeholders
- Ensure that their organisation is staying ahead of the competition in an evolving market
- Engage and inspire others to accomplish your strategy
- Recognise the importance of employee engagement in delivering good performance
Key Course Highlights
- Expectations of strategic leaders in 21st century organisations
- The changing role of the leader in a VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous)
- Future focused strategic leadership
- The vision-led organisation – preparing the foundations for future success
- Creating ‘values-led’ people
- High impact team performance
- Exploring motivation and creating a motivational and high-performance climate