This course focuses on analyzing public financial management, reviewing systems of finance administration within the public sector and highlighting the need and possibility for reform. This will help with streamlining public expenditure, planning, and budgeting.
Who Should Attend?
The course is ideal for all managers and senior public sector officers who manage public funds and are responsible for administering financial structures within their respective departments. The course will also suit private sector directors, managers, consultants and budget analysts in public finance positions.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate a better understanding of public fiscal administration
- Acquire improved capacity to reconcile financial plans and target achievement
- Implement financial management reform and improve on existing structures
- Demonstrate expertise and capacity building in the civil service
- Recognise the changing face of financial controls for the medium term financial strategy that is implemented
Key Course Highlights
- Financial management
- Best practice in central government Local authority management practices Impact of leading practice in para-statal organisations
- Public economics and finance: role of the government