Sustainable energy provides for the energy needs of today without compromising the energy needs of future generations. Aiming to reduce environmental impacts, it will be necessary to combine the following factors: use of existing renewable energy technologies, research and investment in new technologies, the improved energy efficiency of existing technologies and reduction of energy demand and wasted energy. This course will help the participants to understand and face the challenges that industries are facing today both locally and globally.
Who Should Attend?
Development professionals, climate change professionals, and corporate governance board members.
At the end of the programme participants will have a greater understanding of and have developed the following key attributes:
- Understand an introduction to sustainability Concepts
- Comprehend the meaning of sustainable development and sustainable energy
- Understand the term The Tragedy of the Commons and how it relates to sustainability
- Analyse the models of Sustainable Development
- Improve energy efficiency
- Identify the energy sector’s global trends and responsibility
- Apply electrical power for social and economic development
- Identify the different energy sources
- Gain knowledge in sustainability technology, old and new technologies in energy
- Explore in detail fossil fuels generation and renewable energy
- Comprehend electricity sector development and planning
- Implement environmental standards