To remain competent in the workplace administration, office managers and secretaries need to be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills. This five-days effective office management and administrative training course identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team.
The course is designed to provide office administrators, supervisors of clerical and administrative staff, executive secretaries, and personal assistants the opportunity to review and develop the interpersonal and professional skills they need to do their jobs effectively – thereby contributing to their own, their boss’ and their organization’s success.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Prepare for and provide effective support in meetings, conferences, congresses, symposiums and seminars.
- Conduct secretarial/administration work effectively.
- Apply basic mind-mapping tools to translate ideas to effective written documents.
- Develop an appropriate philosophy regarding the important role communication plays in administrative office management.
- Improve in dealing effectively with visitors, customers, and colleagues.
- Manage time better and work to meet deadlines.
- Present ideas with impact and clarity
- Successfully negotiate and influence others
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend
This course targets Report writers, Administrators, Managers, Supervisors, Office staff, Front Desk Officers, Heads of departments, Officers, Senior Officers, Information and Publicity Officers.
MODULE 1: Introduction
- Management Skills and Principles
- Planning, Organizing, and Controlling
- Office Organizing Processes and Principles
- Planning and Decision-Making Techniques
- Setting Goals
- Motivation Tools
- Time Management
- Creating a Positive Work Climate
MODULE 2: Communication Skills
- Communication Skills Development
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Information Organization
- Assertiveness Skills
MODULE 3: The Workplace
- Office Environment
- Office Layout
- Office Security
- Workplace Health and Safety
MODULE 4: Administrative Skills
- Administrative Office Management Function
- Organization Versus Decentralization
- Front Desk and Receptionist Skills
- File Management
- Scheduling of Meetings
- Event Planning and Management
- Record Management
- Filing System and Filing Equipment
- Minute Taking and Report Writing
- Strategic Relationship Management
- Conservation of Energy in the Offices
- Conflict Management
- Petty Cash Management
- Action Planning
- Database Management
This course will be delivered by our skilled trainers who have vast knowledge and experience as expert professionals in the fields. The course is taught in English and through a mix of theory, practical activities, group discussion and case studies. Course manuals and additional training materials will be provided to the participants upon completion of the training.
This course can also be tailor-made to meet organization requirement. For further inquiries, please contact us.
The training will be held at our Upskill Training Centre. We also offer training for a group at requested location all over the world. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, and buffet lunch.
Visa application, travel expenses, airport transfers, dinners, accommodation, insurance, and other personal expenses are catered by the participant.
Participants will be issued with Upskill certificate upon completion of this course.
Airport Pickup and Accommodation
Airport pickup and accommodation is arranged upon request. For booking contact our Training Coordinator through email.