Quality Management And Six Sigma
By: Sandhills Consulting Nigeria Ltd
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 10 - 12 May, 2017
Six Sigma is a type of quality control management that is quickly becoming an essential component of many companies who want to succeed. It seeks to improve the quality of the output of a business process - from manufacturing to transaction and from goods to services - by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing instabilities in manufacturing processes and business processes. Six Sigma uses a set of quality management methods, mainly [practical/empirical and statistical methods.
In many organizations, Six Sigma simply means a measure of quality that strives for near perfection. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has specific value targets, for example: reduce process cycle time, reduce pollution, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and increase profits.
- What is Six Sigma Quality?
- Analytical tools for Six Sigma and continuous improvement.
- Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- External bench marking for Quality
- Total Quality Management
- Quality Specification and Quality Cost
- Developing Quality Specification and Quality Cost
- Functions of the Quality Control Department
- The DMAIC model of Six Sigma
- Are Leaders born or made?
- Point counter point and general discussion
- Lean thinking and Lean systems.
- Evolution of Lean
- Lean Tenets
- Stabilizing the Master Schedule.
- Controlling flow with the Kaban Systems.
- Reducing Setup Time and Lot Sizes.
- Changing layout and maintaining Equipment.
- Cross-Training, rewarding and engaging Workers.
- Guaranteeing Quality.
- Changing relationships with Suppliers.
- Implementation of Lean.
- Key points and terms.
- Quality; Cost of Quality and Financial Performance.
- Preparing Cost and Quality report.
- Requirements for a Business whose management plans to remain competitive in providing goods and services that will have a market.
- The Quality Cycle.
- Managing Quality.
- Quality and Customer Judgment.
- Manufacturing Quality
- Service Quality
- Quality Planning, Control and Improvement.
- Ensuring Quality in the Supply Chain.
- Quality, Cost of Quality and Financial Performance
- Quality Pioneers.
- ISO 9000 Standards.
- Malcolm Baldrige Award.
- Why some Quality Improvement efforts fail.
- Key points and terms.
Facilitators: PROFESSOR PENDER GBENEDIO (CEO/ CHIEF CONSULTANT SANDHILLS CONSULTING NIG. LTD). B.Sc. Accounting, Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio USA; MBA and Ph.D. Accounting, University of Cincinnati Ohio USA; Doctoral Secondary Fields, Finance and Industrial Management. Worked as Financial Specialist at the Corporate Headquarters of the National Cash Register Company (NCR) in Dayton, Ohio USA. He was later appointed a Professor of Accounting and Chair of the Department of Accounting and Associate Dean of the Business School at North Carolina Central University, in Durham, North Carolina, USA; Campus Dean at Strayer University, Colombia Campus, South Carolina, USA. He has taught numerous courses, multiple times in Accounting, Finance and Industrial Management. He is also a visiting Professor at Covenant University (Sango Ota) teaching Ph. D and M.SC Environmental, International and Oil &Gas Accounting. His strengths are in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Management, Functional, Soft Skills and Leadership Courses.ENGR. KAYODE V. FOWODE, MSc (OSH), B.Eng, CMOISH, RMAPS, MNSE, M.CSSE, M.ASMEKayode is a COREN registered Engineer and a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) with hands-on experience in managing Corporate Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) risks including Construction, Process Safety and Loss Prevention issues. He is a NEBOSH, IOSH, ABIOSH, Oil and Gas Safety (OGSC) approved Tutor/ Assessor and Registered CDM Coordinator with the Association for Project Safety (APS), UK. He has previously worked with Vascroft Contractors UK, G4s Secure Solutions (UK) Limited, Regency Security (UK). He was headhunted from Turner &Townsend Plc, UK where he worked as a CDM Coordiantor/ HSE Consultant before joining Jagal Group (Gulf FZE, Jagal Nigeria & Nigerdock) as HSE Advisor then progressed as Project Manager. He possesses diverse experience in Occupational Health &Safety, Oil & Gas Safety, and HSSE.
Deals: Discount of 10% for 3-4 participants from same Organization
Discount of 15% for 5 or more participant from same Organization.
THIS COURSE IS ALSO OFFERED AS IMPLANT
Venue: Siemens Power Academy, Lagos, Ikeja - Lagos, Nigeria