E-Library Management-Extending Modern Technology to Libraries Workshop Libraries, especially digital libraries, are truly at the heart of knowledge societies; they enable people to access, share, and apply knowledge. Digital libraries provide access to many of the knowledge networks around the world, which is a necessary component of a knowledge society. Digital libraries have traditionally been positioned at the intersection of library science, computer science, and networked information systems.
In Nigeria, several government ministries and organizations were also considering possibilities on how they should start the DL development process at the national level? What resources should be digitized? Where from funds will come? As a beginner, many private and government organizations started their own websites capturing limited resources in the digital form, however, no formal strategic and coordinated initiative were taken until then. Moreover, not many windows were open in Nigeria for library professionals to learn more about the advancement of digital libraries.
We at CPSPD had understood in early 2010 that the era of digital library and digitization had started for capturing and dissemination of knowledge in the developed world and many users and organizations across the world immensely benefitted from it.
CPSPD idea of annual e-library conference since 2013 was to bridge the gap between Nigeria and other developed nations to address the challenges and opportunities with respect to digitization of resources.
- Digital libraries : problems and prospects
- Extending Benefits of Modern Technology to Public, Academic and Special Libraries
- Organization of digital library in the University Library System
- Collaboration in public library
- Use of virtual learning environment in higher education to teach digital natives: A case study
- Digital Libraries Development and Management: Institutional Repositories in Nigeria - A Study
- Knowledge management in academic libraries: A brief review
Who Should Attend
- Librarians, Library Officers, Lecturers, ICT staff etc in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education
||Dec 13 - 15 Dec, 2022
|NGN 165,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, e-books,Course Materials, tea break, lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organizations sponsoring two staff will get 10% discount, Three - Five will get 15% discount, Six - Ten will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider the option of having this training in-house or online at 40% discount and 5 free e-books
Centre for Productivity. (CeProd) Faculty