The workshop will highlight current trends and practices in corporate in internal auditing. Issues to be discussed include:
- The wider scope of roles and responsibilities of a modern internal auditor.
- Audit planning methods
- Systems documentation review and upgrading
- How to write an effective audit report
- How the internal auditor should relate to managers in other departments as well as the external auditors
- Computer auditing techniques
- Financial Investigations
- The vexed issue of Corporate fraud: Types, Causes, Detection and Management
- The internal auditor as the watchdog of management and the issue of independence of the internal auditor.
- Challenges of the future.
- Fundamentals of Pro-Active Internal Auditing
- Widened scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s internal auditor
- Relationship of the internal audit department and other department and other department and other departments
- Relationship between internal auditors and externals auditors
- Peculiarities of public sector auditing: public accounts committee, the alarm system, the auditor general’s role etc.
- The audit committee and the internal auditor.
- Internal audit as a cost tool
- Independence of the internal auditor.
Audit Planning Methods
- Principles governing an audit: integrity, objectivity, independence, and confidentiality
- Confidentiality etc
- Assessment of existing controls and inherent risk
- Preparation of the audit programme
- Audit working papers: audit manuals, programme documents etc.
- Adequate staffing for the audit function
- The audit supervision chain
Enthroning a Fraud Preventive Internal Control System
- Definition of internal control system
- Internal control systems and procedures
- Systems documentation process
- Process and to plug identified loopholes
- System upgrade: to cover anticipated areas of deficiency
- Emerging trends and challenges
|New Laps Hotel – Plot 364 Obafemi Awolowo Way Jabi, Abuja
||May 14 - 16 May, 2018
Dr. Francis Okereke 08035062583
A Distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop