Visions and goals are achieved when tasks are understood, priorities are established and deadlines are properly set. This course is designed to help participants develop the right capabilities to manage tasks, evaluate and establish the right priorities, and schedule activities based on clearly established deadlines. The course covers different methods and techniques to encourage task ownership while coordinating with other team members; it also covers how to influence those around us by properly setting expectations and seeing tasks through to successful completion.
The course uses self-assessments and a wide mix of business cases that promote healthy discussions around the importance of managing multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities. Participants will benefit from role plays covering workplace challenges related to handling tasks, deadlines and priorities. They will learn how to deal with conflicts that may arise as a result. Interactive team exercises are also used with each team presenting their findings and comments.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Establish a solid foundation for effective and efficient task and self-management
- Plan and manage work-related tasks and constraints
- Prioritize tasks and related activities and learn how to handle associated stress points
- Influence people and improve task outcomes through practical interpersonal skills
- Work professionally with task-related changes and associated behaviors
This course targets professionals, from all industries, who want to acquire essential skills to create and develop an effective and efficient workplace environment. It is designed for team leaders, supervisors, managers and section heads who are interested in improving their personal productivity or that of the people they manage or work with, whether on a project or within a department. The course also serves as a solid foundation for those who are keen on assuming a supervisory or managerial role as the next step in their career.
- Self and time management
- Goal setting
- Task assignment and management
- Conflict management
- Dealing with change at the individual and organizational levels