Public administration in Nigeria is a soft, low-paying gig that in most cases adds little or nothing to the productive power of the economy. In fact, by regulating, restricting and impeding the free flow of industry and commerce, it is a force that contributes poorly to the output of goods and services on which we depend.
Public administration is where fresh college graduates go to intervene in the otherwise free market and make life hard for everyone who has to bear the high cost of complying with the often-contradictory regulatory mandates the agencies continually issue.
Right from college, people go into public administration. After spending a few years in the trenches and learning where the bodies are buried, they move on to highly lucrative jobs as lobbyists, consultants and lawyers using earlier contacts and their knowledge of how things work to put public power to private use and advance the interests of their new employers.
This course will look at the ways to build capacity and reverse the trend.
By the end of this conference participants will be able to:
- Develop strategies towards overcoming the challenges in public administration
- Increase high productivity, and understanding and projection of the core values of the Institutions.
- Apply the skills necessary to get work completed on time
- Use effectively, basic project planning tools to plan and schedule work
- Identify key stakeholders and understand how to gain their support and input
- Use positive communication an influencing techniques to ensure work is completed on time
- Appreciate and engage colleagues to gain their commitment and support
- Effective induction/orientation for new administrative staff,
- Positive mentoring culture,
- Continuous Improvement Tools and Methodologies
- Building efficient and productive workforce
- The managerial approach to public administration:
- The political approach to public administration:
- The legal approach to public administration:
- Information and public relations,
This conference is non-residential. Participants are to lodge in hotels of their choice near the Training centre. A list of these Hotels will be provided on request.
|NSPRI Guest House, 32/38, Barikisu Iyede Street, Off UNILAG Rd., Onitiri, Yaba, Lagos
||Oct 08 - 11 Oct, 2024
|NGN 99,500.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organizations sponsoring two staff will get 10% discount, Three - Five will get 15% discount, Six - Ten will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider the option of having this training in-house or online at 40% discount and 5 free e-books
ASIN and Newways