At the end of Corporate Governance Program: Developing Exceptional Board Leaders Course attendees will understand why from board selection and strategic decision making to day-to-day operations and legal compliance, corporate governance is a way for companies and institutions to create a framework for sound business practices, sustained growth, and risk management.
A commitment to good corporate governance makes companies and Institutions both more attractive to investors and lenders, and more profitable. The Corporate Governance Program equips executives and professionals who currently serve or are interested in serving on corporate boards with the knowledge required to excel as stewards of shareholders that promote long-term and sustainable value creation.
A unique aspect of the program is that one day is entirely devoted to emerging issues in the field of corporate governance, such as CEO succession plans, shareholder activism, the disruptive impact of technology and cyber risk, and the topic of diversity and inclusion, Fast paced, dynamic, and practical, this interactive program is a must-attend for current and aspiring corporate directors and chief executives. Those attending gain valuable insight from fellow board members while also having the opportunity to share their own best practices. Whether a seasoned director or new to the boardroom, participants emerge from training experience with new insights and the sharpened skill set needed to serve effectively.
Board leaders are an undervalued resource in many organizations. Our Corporate Governance Program equips aspiring and existing board members and directors with the insights needed to ensure high performance and value creation in the long and short term.The program uniquely combines two days of cutting-edge classroom learning with a one-day, action-packed symposium about emerging issues those boardrooms are facing.
During the classroom portion, participants will gain insights needed to ensure high performance in the long and short term, including:
- Appreciating value creation via financial statements
- Harnessing finance to realize the company’s strategy
- Minimizing financial reporting risks as a member of the audit committee
- Minimizing the threat of litigation for you and your company
- Incentivizing the CEO to create long-term sustainable value as a member of the compensation committee
- Planning for the succession of the CEO
- Benchmark against best practices of corporate governance
Days one and two focus on academic lectures with interactive exercises and case studies involving real-world scenarios. Sample session titles include:
- Assessing Value from Financial Statements
- Directors Guide to Business Strategy
- Serving on the Executive Compensation Committee
- Directors Guide to Accountability and Liability
Day three, Group discussions with experienced directors focusing on emerging issues in the field of corporate governance. Sample group discussion titles include:
- CEO Succession Plans
- What If an Activist Attacks?
- Disruptive Technology and Business Models
This program is ideal for:
- Current board members of public companies
- Board members of foreign corporations
- Board members of private, family-owned, or non-profit organizations, although the specific regulations of public companies may not apply to such institutions
- Executives looking to develop the skills needed to get on corporate and non-profit boards